Miracle-vitamin B12: what products it contains? About natural sources of vitamin B12, how to store and cook foods containing it
Cobalamin (B12 as it is called by scientists due to the presence therein of cobalt) provides a good mood, a strong nerves, energy, clear memory, smooth operation of the heart and much more. If something of the above, there are problems, you should reconsider your diet.
What foods contain vitamin B12
B12 is made by microorganisms in environmentally friendly water and soil. Animals that consume this water and grass with grains of the earth, introducing the beneficial bacteria in your body, and the vitamin begins to be produced in their digestive tract. In the liver it accumulates. Plant foods are also able to produce this vital for the health of the organic composition, but in insufficient quantity and thus it is poorly maintained. So meat, eggs, fish, shellfish and dairy products is practically the only natural sources of this vitamin. By the way, B12 is produced in the human body. But he is absorbed in such a small amount that you have to take it with food. Fortunately, the products, having a B12, is always available.
Meat leader in the delivery of cyanocobalamin. Especially they are rich in beef and veal liver. Every pregnant woman shown these products, because B12 protects the fetus. A lot of this substance in the kidneys of animals, lamb, pork and poultry.
Seafood is also very valuable due to the high content of this rare vitamin. Excellent sources of B12 – bass, salmon, halibut, sardines, cod, scallops, caviar and shrimp. For anemia doctors usually recommend my patients to have «fish days».
With regard to milk production, the cobalamin is present in any product. The absolute record in this regard – cheese, cheese and cheese fat varieties. But, even drinking two glasses of milk a day, you can get daily value of vitamin B12.
Plant foods that are able to provide a cobalamin, spinach, green onions, cabbage, beans, blue-green algae, kelp, brewer’s yeast, wheat germ, nuts, soy derivatives.Also you can eat unwashed fruits and vegetables, because they — the valuable bacteria that can produce the coveted part. Apple, for example, B12 is concentrated in the stalk. So, before you throw, it should be thoroughly chew.
Granola and vitamin-enriched cereals also do a great job of filling in the daily dose of cobalamin. Filled with milk, they are especially useful.
Vitamin B12 and the products which it contains, question about storage
About how to contact with products containing vitamin B12, says the Professor, head of laboratory of vitamins and minerals Faith Kodentsov:
1. You cannot re-freeze meat and fish. So they lose a lot of nutrients. Need to defrost them very slowly in cold water or on a shelf of the refrigerator. The sharp drop in temperature will destroy all the vitamins.
2. Fresh vegetables, fruits and greens lose the vitamins of group B in the light at home temperature and in open air. Therefore, they should be stored in dark, cool places. Fridge – the perfect place for this.
Here are a few tricks on food storage from the experience of the Russian people:
3. Efficient meat storage: after freezing pull it out, rinse with cold water and again to put back. On the product there is a crust of ice. It protects against loss of moisture and vitamins.
4. If you want to store the meat in a warm environment for several hours, it is immersed in the milk. You can also wrap it in a cloth soaked with lemon juice. For the loss of vitamins and flavor of the meat can not worry for a few hours.
5. If you plan to store fish in the refrigerator for about a day, we recommend the following method. Fresh catch is carefully washed and dried. Then the carcass is placed on a dish and placed in the coldest area of the refrigerator, the temperature to 5 degrees below zero.
6. Cleaned the nuts can be stored for about six months, if you pack them in sealed bags and place in the freezer. There is a caveat – re-freezing nuclei detrimental to the cobalamin.
Vitamin B12 and the products which it contains, in cooking
In 2000, American scientists, headed by Katherine Tucker has discovered a curious fact: if you eat Breakfast cereal of vitamin B12 in the body becomes much more than the consumption of meat or poultry. Formed the logical conclusion: after prolonged heat treatment destroys vitamin B12. How can that be, after all, half-baked products are not tasty? There are some secrets of preservation of vitamins:
1. Meat and fish fry on a dry grill or frying pan. Frying in oil completely kills all the vitamins and the extra fat gives.
2. To shorten the cooking time of the meat in all possible ways. For example, meat, you can sprinkle with sugar and keep in a hot pan for 5 minutes on each side until you evaporate all the moisture. Then add the oil and fry to get a crust for another 5 minutes. The result is only 12 minutes instead of the usual 25 (if it is the liver, 5). Vitamins remain unharmed.
3. It is necessary to avoid long boiling milk. So mush better to cook: cook grits in the water, pour milk and bring everything to a boil.
4. Well to use the method of baking in the oven. For example, in foil fish cook more quickly, and nutrients with this method, not «run away» together with the juice.
5. Beef liver is very delicate. Even fleeting roasting can harm its properties. This byproduct is better steamed or boiled.
6. Vegetables containing B12, it is best to braise or stew in water. Heat treatment of vegetables should happen in the peel and a small amount of oil or water.
7. The greens need to eat whole, without butter and sauces. Instead of cutting, it is best to tear the leaves by hand.
Vitamin B12 and foods in which it is contained: the best recipes
The main problem of deficiency of B12 in the human organism lies in the fact that this «capricious» vitamin hard to digest. Following the recipes of one chef will help to solve this problem.
Shellfish to parboil. After the door opens, to boil the seafood for 5 minutes (at this time B12 are stably maintained). Mix it with pasta or steamed vegetables.
To extract the crab meat and the contents of the oysters. Chop the celery, garlic and onions. Fry them in butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and fry gently for 2 minutes. Pour in 200 ml. of white wine and simmer the contents on low heat until the liquid is evaporated. To pour a liter of chicken broth, season with salt and pepper and simmer soup 10 minutes. Put the potatoes and continue to cook until it’s done. Add the cream, meat seafood, bring to boil and boil for 2 minutes. Put chopped coriander.
Remove the sardines from the oil and mash with a fork. In a saucepan pour olive oil and put the sliced fennel. Sprinkle with pepper. To cover the capacity of the oiled foil and simmer the contents for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the raisins, pine nuts, sardines, re-cover and cook for 10 minutes. Boil the spaghetti in salted water and dry. The contents of the casserole transfer to a serving dish, add pasta, stir and season with pepper.
Seafood and dishes from them – a storehouse of vitamin B12. They are quickly digested, give the sea of delight, a rush of energy and a great mood!