Hawthorn: useful properties and application. What are the contraindications to the use of hawthorn
These include the hawthorn, the beneficial properties of which were known thousands of years ago.
It is often added to culinary delights, cosmetic means and pharmaceutical preparations.
The hawthorn contraindications there, but not many, so the healing properties of plants can feel almost every.
Composition of hawthorn
In medicine (alternative and traditional) are used not only the fruit of plants, but also medicinal properties of its other components – the flowers, leaves and even bark. This is due to the rich chemical composition of hawthorn.
In berries contain the following biological components:
• vitamins C, E, A;
• fat oil and beta-carotene;
• organic acids and flavonoids.
In the flowers of hawthorn contain:
• ursolic, coffee and other acids;
• essential oil;
It is also worth noting that hawthorn is recommended for those who are watching their figure. Per 100 grams of the plant is only of 52.5 Kcal.
Hawthorn: the beneficial properties of plants
Hawthorn in any form is beneficial to the work of all internal systems of the body.
Hawthorn: useful properties
1. Has a diuretic effect, which allows to excrete excess fluid, relieve swelling.
2. Improves metabolism, normalizes gastrointestinal tract, improves peristalsis.
3. Beneficial to the heart, ensures the supply of right amount of oxygen, helps to cope with tachycardia.
4. Normalizes cholesterol and blood clotting. Very often gadgets with hawthorn used in folk medicine for vasospasm.
5. Calms the nervous system, it does not provoke the feeling of sleepiness. Hawthorn copes with insomnia.
6. Infusions and decoctions on the basis of the plant relieve headaches and dizziness.
7. Hawthorn strengthens the immune system, especially useful after illness to restore the balance of nutrients in the body.
8. Relieves shortness of breath, and normalize thyroid function.
9. Recommended for women during lactation, hawthorn stimulates the production of breast milk.
10. Infusions and decoctions on the basis of hawthorn are prescribed to pregnant women, the plant nourishes the body with all the essential micronutrients to maintain the health of mothers and children in the womb.
Despite the fact that hawthorn have contraindications useful properties of the plants much more. However, before you use it medicinal properties it is necessary to weigh all «for» and «against».
Use in alternative medicine
Hawthorn, useful properties which very much is in great demand in alternative medicine. There are a few recipes that are useful to take note of every owner, so she can always have on hand your «home doctor».
1. For stress and nervous overstrain. 1 tablespoon of dry hawthorn is poured 250 ml of boiling water and insist 2-3 hours. The infusion is filtered, is used 2 times a day before meals. Remedy relieves stress, helps to cope with depression and excessive nervous excitability.
2. In the case of insomnia. 20 g of berries poured with boiling water (200 ml) and used as tea, 1.5 hours before bedtime.
3. Extracts of hawthorn are recommended to take people in the elderly with heart failure.
Hawthorn is also used in traditional medicine, it is included in various pharmaceutical preparations. Rich balanced composition of the plants is struggling with many illnesses.
Use in cooking
Hawthorn berries are highly valued in the confectionery industry. Berries pre-dried, then milled to flour and added to the mixture for baking muffins and cookies. The taste of the finished product will be different special flavor.
The most attractive thing that hawthorn fruits beneficial properties your save in any form. Jams, preserves, juices and jellies from the berries of plants saturate the body with essential nutrients.
Few people know that useful wine, made from hawthorn. It has a positive effect both on male and on the female body. To prepare this wine incredibly easy.
1. Hawthorn berries need to be crushed as fine as possible, then fill them with natural white wine (about 2 liters). It is advisable to cook in a glass container.
2. Capacity retracted to infuse in a dark place for 10 days. During this time you should not forget to regularly stir.
3. To make the wine pleasing to the unusual taste and flavor, you can add a little cinnamon or yarrow.
4. After 10 days, the wine is filtered, now it can be used.
Application in cosmetology
As used in cosmetics hawthorn? Contraindication for external use only one thing – it’s idiosyncrasy. However, it should be noted that allergies to the fruits and flowers of the plant is extremely rare.
If a woman has the opportunity to collect some hawthorn berries, it is easy to prepare from it an excellent means to maintain the beauty.
1. Moisturizing and nourishing mask for dry skin. Green grapes (4 berries) are crushed, the resulting mass add a tablespoon of fresh juice of hawthorn berries. The mass is well mixed, apply on face for 20 minutes. It perfectly tones up, nourishes and moisturizes. The mask is recommended 2 times a week.
2. Mask for oily skin. 3 tablespoons of low-fat cottage cheese mixed with 1 tablespoon yogurt and the same amount of fresh juice of hawthorn. Everything is stirred until a homogeneous slurry and apply on face for 15 minutes.
3. Hair mask from hawthorn. Useful properties of berries also apply to tresses. To prepare a nourishing face mask is not difficult. In a deep casserole mixes cognac and hawthorn juice (1 tablespoon), there is added the same amount of fresh onion juice. The resulting liquid is thoroughly RUB into the scalp, spreading along the entire length of hair. Mask left for 2 hours, then washed off with shampoo.
Hawthorn: contraindications for internal and external use
It is important to understand that the treatment plant will benefit the body only in the case if you use it correctly. Let hawthorn contraindications not much, a few nuances to know.
1. It is impossible to treat with infusion of hawthorn is longer than the period, as it leads to increased heart rate.
2. After the consumption of any means based on fruits or flowers of plants are strictly prohibited from drinking cold water – this leads to bloating and colic.
3. In any case, medicinal infusions and decoctions of hawthorn are not taken on an empty stomach – this will lead to vomiting and weakness.
4. If you have experienced allergic reactions to the fruits and flowers of plants any treatment on the basis of hawthorn is strictly prohibited.
Hawthorn, useful properties of which were presented, is the «universal doctor.» The main thing – to do everything in moderation, preferably before treatment is to consult with your doctor.