Coriander: useful properties of herbs, how to apply correctly. Coriander: contraindications, precautions
Coriander, useful properties of which not all are known to be beneficial to the work of all internal systems of the body.
Spice is very popular among residents of the East and of China. Surprisingly, there is coriander used for making love potions.
Many believe that the spice prolongs life.
All will be useful for coriander? Contraindications to the use are, like any other product. In order to avoid unpleasant consequences you need to read them.
Energetic value and composition of the spices
Coriander it is recommended to add in food people who are overweight. It is known that the spice triggers the metabolic processes and speeds up the process of weight reduction. In addition, 100 grams of green leaves has 23 Calories.
Composition of coriander include:
• minerals – phosphorus, calcium, potassium, sodium, magnesium;
• vitamins – A, b (1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9), E, K, C, PP;
• macro elements – zinc, manganese, iron, selenium, copper.
It was proved that coriander contains more vitamins than other spices. In addition, 100 grams of green leaves has 27 mg of vitamin C is more than the lemon.
Coriander: useful properties of oils, seeds and fruit
Coriander is a real treasure of useful substances. In medicine and cooking use not only the green leaves of the plant, but its fruits. On the basis of spices is essential oils.
Coriander: useful properties of seeds
1. Seeds are very often added to medicines to improve their flavor and taste. They have antibacterial properties, effectively cope with colds.
2. Contribute to the improvement of heart and brain activity.
3. Invigorate, thus helping to cope with panic and stress.
4. Coriander seeds, allow the food to be better absorbed and improve appetite.
5. Favorably affect the sweat glands.
6. Coriander seeds help to get rid of the smell of alcohol from the mouth, help with the hangover.
7. Coriander it is recommended to add in food of epileptics, as the seeds help to prevent cramps.
Coriander: useful properties of essential oils
1. Yellowish liquid with a pleasant aroma enhances the secretion of digestive glands.
2. Has an analgesic and protivogemorroidal properties.
3. Is characterized by antiseptic effects, added to treatment for conjunctivitis.
Coriander: useful properties of the fruit
1. Improve the functioning of the digestive tract.
2. Used in the treatment of diseases of mental character.
3. Neutralize bad breath.
4. Infusions based on fruit has expectorant properties.
5. Decoctions of the fruits of coriander are used as antimicrobial and pain relievers.
The use of coriander in cooking and medicine
Despite the fact that coriander contraindications is not enough, it enjoys wide popularity in medicine and cooking.
Application for therapeutic purposes
1. As a cholagogue decoction prepared from coriander, there is added the dried leaves of peppermint and Helichrysum.
2. Effective decoction for treatment of prostatitis – coriander seeds are added plantain and onions, parsley and carrots.
3. Often infusions on the basis of the coriander with the addition of anise, celandine and St. John’s wort is prescribed for gallstones.
4. A decoction of spice with the addition of birch leaves and celandine – the best folk remedy for inflammation of the pancreas.
1. Seed spices are often added to special compounds, which contribute to strengthening men’s sexual function. And if you add in the broth, the parsley, get effective treatment for impotence.
2. The fruits of the plants are prescribed in hysteria. 1 liter of dry red wine you need to add 100 grams of seeds in powdered form and infuse all 3-4 days. Taking the drink daily before eating 100 ml (2 times a day) of people reduce tension and get rid of depression.
3. In cooking, coriander is simply irreplaceable. Few people know that this plant is part of the confectionery and bakery products, pickles and marinades, alcoholic drinks.
4. The leaves of the plant (cilantro) can be added into salads or in soups to give the dish a special taste and aroma.
5. Massage with essential oil of coriander allows you to relieve stress and fatigue, soothes rheumatism.
6. Often decoctions on the basis of plants used in cosmetics. It was proved that coriander is characterized by bleaching properties, so it effectively eliminates age spots and freckles.
The use of coriander for medicinal purposes
Every woman needs to take a note of several effective popular recipes based on plants. However, first necessary to study not only the useful properties of coriander, contraindications also need to know.
1. Prevention and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
Should be steamed with boiling water, 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds and infuse them in a dark place for 24 hours. After this infusion is filtered, the remaining liquid drunk 3 times a day 100 ml after eating.
2. Remedy for stomach ulcer
In a herbal chemist’s shop you need to buy the pulp of sea-buckthorn berries, elecampane root, and fruits of coriander, all mixed in a convenient vessel in the same proportion. Thereafter, the mixture was milled using a blender to a flour. The resulting «healing powder» is taken before a meal 1 teaspoon, 2 times a day. Sure then you need to drink a large glass of water – 400-500 ml.
3. Remedy for freckles and pigmentation
Made a decoction from the fresh leaves of coriander, after cooling, is filtered, the remaining liquid is poured into a glass container and stored in the refrigerator. With the help of a cotton swab should be wiped daily with a decoction of the face. Freckles and pigmentation will soon go, additionally, the skin will get the nutrients and vitamins.
Coriander: contraindications and precautions
Rough restrictions to the use of plants in the form of spices (culinary Supplement) no. However, there are a few «buts» that need to be taken into account.
1. The daily intake is 4 grams of seed or 35 grams of the herb to exceed the allowable number is impossible. Overdose will lead to overstimulation, which could lead to sleep disturbance, allergic reaction or even a failure of the menstrual cycle in women.
2. Decoctions and infusions based on coriander in any case not applied to open wounds.
3. Women in pregnancy and during breastfeeding the use of coriander should be reduced to a minimum, and better and to eliminate from the diet.
Coriander, contraindications useful properties has been presented above, familiar to every housewife. This spice fills the dish special refined fragrance that instantly awakens the appetite. Knowing a few useful recipes based on plants, you can extend its scope, to replenish his medicine chest of effective folk remedies.