Eggplant: the benefits and harms to health. Useful properties of eggplant for the human body
Its delicious flesh can be used for cooking a variety of dishes, appetizers, salads, winter preparations.
Dishes of eggplant is not only delicious but also very healthy.
The chemical composition of eggplant
The nature of eggplant is not easy, with bitterness. Causes it to solanine, a natural poison, which is contained in the peel of purple fruit.
By the way, the colour of the rind may be different: blue, dark-purple (almost black) and even white. Regardless of the color of the fruit is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals that affect human health the strongest influence.
Scientists have found bitter under the skin of the berries-the fruit of natural substances that and explain the benefits and harms of eggplant:
• b vitamins (folic acid, thiamin, Niacin, Riboflavin, pyridoxine) enhance metabolism, normalize the nervous system, stimulate hematopoiesis;
• ascorbic acid strengthens the immune defenses;
• nicotinic acid (vitamin PP) making stronger the walls of blood vessels;
• retinol (vitamin A) useful for eyesight;
• tocopherol (vitamin E) – powerful antioxidant that fights cancer cells and rejuvenates;
• vitamin K helps the cells to synthesize protein;
• macro elements (potassium, magnesium, sodium, chlorine, phosphorus, calcium, zinc, manganese) essential for the normal functioning of all systems and organs of the body;
• trace elements (fluorine, copper, iron, iodine, etc.) provide the normal processes of cellular metabolism, improve the condition of skin, nails, hair;
• pectin and fiber stimulate the gastrointestinal tract, eliminate intestinal toxins, reduce bad cholesterol.
Eggplant is considered a champion of the content of such trace elements as molybdenum. This substance prevents inflammatory diseases of the joints. Richness of the chemical composition and explain the huge benefits of eggplant for your health. Not coincidentally eggplant in the East has long been considered the fruit of longevity.
As for solanine, it is important to create a complete picture of the benefits and harms of eggplant. But by and large the contents of the poison in the skins is negligible (much more of it in the green potato).
Useful properties of eggplant
Regularly eating eggplant in food, we can protect your body from a variety of unpleasant and life-threatening diseases.
Useful properties of eggplant are manifested in the ability to have a beneficial effect on human health:
• to reduce the risk of heart disease by strengthening the myocardium;
• increase the elasticity of blood vessel walls;
• to normalize the water balance, removing swelling and normalizing the functioning of the kidneys;
• reduce cholesterol, preventing liver diseases and blood vessels;
• to cleanse not only the intestine, but bile duct;
• to prevent the development of kidney stones and gallstones;
• strengthen bone tissue;
• to reduce weight;
• to relieve from constipation;
• to prevent the formation of cancer cells.
The flesh of the eggplant has diuretic, decongestant, laxative, and antibacterial properties. Doctors recommend to include fruits in your diet for hypertensive patients and patients suffering from atherosclerosis and arrhythmias, osteoporosis and degenerative disc disease.
To include in your diet a delicious light meal of eggplant can those who quit Smoking. The fact that the fruits contain not only solanine but also the other poison – nicotine. To cause harm to the body, it is not enough. But to ease the process of withdrawal from cigarettes – enough.
Useful properties of eggplant can be used by pregnant women. The manganese and copper contained in purple berry, improve the processes of hematopoiesis, and this is very important for both expectant mother and fetus. Another valuable ingredient – folic acid ensures normal development of the placenta, prevents the development of pathologies in the body of the future baby.
Benefits of eggplant health lies in the fact that one of the flavonoids, which is rich in fruit, namely nasunin, helps brain cells to protect themselves from the damaging effects of free radicals. Eggplant is not only prolongs life but also improves the clarity.
One of the most amazing properties of the «Blues» – cancer prevention. This is actually true, since their flesh contains so-called matter-onkoprotektor (more than 13 phenolic acids). Particularly useful black eggplants, they are phenol compounds the most.
The fruit can be consumed not only as food. Use eggplant for the body is evident when applied topically. In folk medicine, is actively used fresh juice of nightshade berries. It has been successfully used to treat gout, arthritis, inflammations of the skin. Eggplant juice – a wonderful natural antibiotic and antiseptic that can kill pathogenic microorganisms, bacteria, fungi.
Can there be the harm of eggplant
The benefits and harms of eggplant can not be assessed equally. Use, of course, more. As for harm, to put it can all the same solanine, which was already mentioned. In high concentrations it is hazardous to the human body.
Older the eggplant, the more he accumulates solanine. That is why food is recommended to use young eggplant. Overripe instances food is not good. In any case, they are necessarily cut off the purple skin, which concentrates toxic solanine.
How dangerous is this poison? Severe poisoning causes dizziness, intestinal disorders, colic and convulsions. Getting rid of the bitterness of the eggplant we’re getting rid of the solanine.
In addition to this alkaloid in baklazhanovy pulp contain substances that cause a high concentration of oxalic acid. In turn, it is the salt of oxalic acid lead to the formation of kidney stones. So if there is a tendency to kidney stones, consume eggplant should be careful.
Eggplant, like any product, can cause allergies. You need to carefully monitor the reaction of the body, if the product is used for the first time. This is especially important when it comes to the health of a small child.
Who can not eat eggplant
It is not recommended to introduce the child’s body with the eggplant until the child reaches the age of three. By this time a fully formed immune system and Matures the intestine. Rough fiber, and toxic solanine can be processed the child’s body. In older age the consumption of fruits of eggplant may result in allergic reaction and poisoning.
One should not eat eggplant people suffering from a number of chronic diseases:
• acute and chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, ulcer);
• acute inflammation of the pancreas;
• intestinal disorders of different nature;
• worsening of gout;
• insulin therapy;
• iron deficiency anemia;
• chronic kidney disease-related risk of stone formation.
The eggplant is high in fiber, which makes the stomach and intestines to work hard. In the presence of inflammation of the mucous membrane of these organs, the consequences can be serious.
Due to its beneficial properties of eggplant gained fame as one of the most important for human health vegetable products. During cooking, it is commonly combined with equally useful casacom.