Avocado: calorie fruits, the benefits and harms of lovely plants. The nutrients from avocado and its potential harm
Archaeologists have found rock paintings in caves, which were depicted avocados.
These drawings made by ancient people who lived in the tenth century BC.
Biologists this culture is characterized as Perseus American, and the Aztecs called it «forest oil».
Translated from the English «avocado» sounds like «alligator skin». The name avocado came from the unusual kinds of fruit, covered in dark green skin with bumps that looks similar to alligator skin.
Avocado: composition, how to apply
Avocados come in various shapes – oval, spherical or pear-shaped. The fruit has a length of up to 20 cm and a weight from 200 g to 1.75 kg. Externally it is dark green in color, the flesh usually yellow-green (rarely green) color, is quite oily. Inside the fruit has a large seed with a diameter of 3 cm, to use which is impossible in any case because it contains many harmful substances and can lead to the emergence of allergies and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
Like most other fruits and vegetables, avocados can be found in supermarkets and stores all year round.
100 g of fruit contains about 250 calories. Avocado concentrates the many nutrients, while unhealthy fats and sugar in it are completely absent, which allows to use it during the diet. Part of the avocado also has oleic acid which helps to get rid of cholesterol in the blood and also prevent from the possibility of its occurrence.
Avocado contains the following minerals:
- magnesium and other.
The fruit also contains vitamins A, B, C, D, E, PP, making the fruit incredibly useful. For example, vitamin E, responsible for the protection of cells from premature aging and filling it with oxygen, in avocado contains a huge amount which can be used to compare a few. In addition, the fruit contains bioactive substances that contribute to natural rejuvenation of the skin. Ripe avocado pulp used for making various cold dishes such as salads, appetizers and sandwiches. In order to prevent oxidation and spoilage of the appearance and taste of the fruit, many Housewives sprinkle it with lemon juice. The most famous and popular dish of avocado is guacamole. This snack was invented in Mexico and the main ingredient in the form of puree in it is avocado.
Also, this fruit is popular among vegetarians, it is used as a filling for sushi and as an alternative form of meat and eggs.
How to choose and store avocados?
Choosing the fruit, carefully take a look at its appearance. As the avocado ripens very slowly, looking for the fruit firmer and harder if you are not going to keep it long for the final ripening it will be enough for 2-3 days at room temperature. The peel should not be any damage, cracks or stains. If the fruit are dark spots, it means that he clearly perespal and is not suitable for consumption. To determine ripe (separately) the fruit, it is enough just to click on it with your finger, it needs a little prominately, that is, to be soft, but not crumbly.
Ripe fruit can be stored in the refrigerator for five days, then it will start to darken and deteriorate.
Attention! Unripe avocados in any case cannot be stored in the refrigerator, he not only ripen, but also faster to deteriorate.
Avocados: what is the use for the body?
Then proceed directly to the beneficial properties of avocado, the benefit of a lot of them.
- The main benefit of fruit is its rich in vitamins and minerals composition, particularly of group B and E.
- In 100 grams contains about 210 Calories, making it the most kilocalories citrus fruit. To lose weight you from him, of course, unlikely, but replenish the body with beneficial properties – is necessary.
- The pulp of the fruit are completely absent of harmful fats and sugar, so it allowed for people suffering from diabetes. Also avocado is composed of a huge amount of potassium even more than banana.
- Avocado helps to cleanse the blood of cholesterol due to the presence of oleic acid.
- The fruit contains incredible amounts of vitamin E, which can not be matched by any other fruit. This vitamin helps to rejuvenate the cells of the body and protects them from various viruses and prevents premature aging of the skin.
- Avocado can improve brain function and memory, and reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases due to high content of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Scientists have proved that it is their deficiency in the body contributes to the development of atherosclerosis.
- Improves heart. The presence of large numbers of potassium in the composition normalizes water-salt rate and increases stress.
- Lowers blood pressure. This point is very important for hypertensive patients, because the pressure will be reduced naturally, as in many citrus fruits. In the case of regular intake, you can be sure that the pressure will soon be back to normal finally.
- Leads to normal blood circulation in the body. The presence of avocado vitamin B2, copper and iron protect the body against anemia, especially important for children.
- Enhances the performance. The presence of mannoheptulose helps to restore the nervous system and relieve sleepiness and increased fatigue.
- Avocado is a natural antioxidant and helps to fight against unbound radicals.
- The presence of a sufficient amount of vitamin C enhances immunity, this is especially important during the flu. Also avocado helps to restore strength to the people suffering from various viral diseases.
- Doctors recommend avocado for people who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract, in particular, to combat constipation.
- This citrus is composed phytonutrient and fitohimikalii, damaging the development of some types of tumors.
- Improves the absorption of carotenoids. In the case of regular consumption of avocados in salads enhances the absorption of carotenoids in 10-15 times. Data natural pigments involved in photosynthesis, help to improve the water-salt balance.
- Avocados are able to increase libido. In ancient times it was used as a strong aphrodisiac for increasing sexual potency and fertility.
- Due to the high content of calcium and phosphorus avocado helps to strengthen teeth and bones. Phosphorus is also improves brain activity.
- This citrus may also be useful for athletes and people who want to increase their muscle mass. This is possible due to the large amount of protein.
Useful properties of avocado oil
Curiously, the avocado oil in their calorie content is virtually in no way inferior to meat and chicken eggs, and the protein content significantly ahead of fruits such as Apple, grape, pear and so on. The number of healthy fats is also higher than all other fruits except coconut.
Avocado oil, like the fruit itself contains a lot of useful microelements and vitamins of groups A, B (B1, B2, B3, B9), C, F, E, is therefore also very useful for the human body. Consider the main reasons to eat avocado every human should.
- Prevents the appearance of wrinkles and age spots. The oil is also very useful for women during menopause, improving their General condition and parallel struggling with premature aging of the skin.
- It moisturizes the skin. The oil gets deep into the skin preventing it from flaking and drying.
- Improves blood flow and oxygen metabolism.
- Increases immunity of the skin from various skin diseases. There is a drug on the basis of this oil that was developed in France to help get rid of most skin diseases.
- Avocado oil is widely used in cosmetic industry to make different shampoos, ointments and masks.
Avocado: what’s the harm?
In General, the background of many of the useful properties of avocado, the harm is small, just a few points:
- The fruit prohibited in the presence of an allergic reaction to citrus fruits;
- There is also a small number of people with individual intolerance to avocado;
- This citrus is impossible to use for people who are allergic to latex.
Again we need to mention sunflower seeds and avocado. In no case can not be used because they contain a large number of different toxic substances that can negatively affect the human body. The only thing you can do with the pit in the avocado is to plant it in a pot and grow it a wonderful potted tree (by the way, many people do). In General, fruits and avocado oil doctors recommend to consume all who do not have any allergic reactions (citrus or latex), since the citrus is composed of a large number of useful vitamins and minerals that are so necessary for everyone in daily life. Also, do not forget that avocados, like any other citrus, useful only to the extent, if overeating can lead to undesirable allergic reactions.