Pickled cabbage: the benefits and harms of the usual product. What is the calorie content and the scope of the useful application of the sauerkraut?
It is loved by both adults and children.
There just are no ways of making sauerkraut.
The cabbage and carrots, with beets, cranberries, vinegar and without it…
Options — a great many. Why is the product so popular and what are its healing properties?
Sauerkraut: calorie, composition, how to apply
Cabbage in the form of sauerkraut contains in its structure a large amount of vitamin C — a natural antioxidant. This is the main factor, for which value the product. If the cabbage is fermented by all the rules, the vitamin C is stored.
In addition, the favorite of many product rich In vitamins b, K, U. it contains most valuable for the body micro and macro elements: potassium, calcium, phosphorus, sodium, iron, zinc, silicon, selenium, iodine.
The fermentation process leads to the enrichment of cabbage lactic and acetic acids.
Calorie sauerkraut is small and is 27 kcal per 100 g of product.
Sauerkraut is used:
1. In cooking. To make a tasty dish is not difficult. First you need to purchase high-quality sprouts without internal voids and fully ripened. Then clean, shred, add carrots and salt, are placed as closely as possible in any dish.
Chopped vegetable mash, tamped and placed on top of the cargo. The only way cabbage is well fermented from carbohydrates to stand out lactic acid, which in this case works as a preservative.
Rapid fermentation occurs when the cabbage is juicy and sweet. The fermentation stage lasts from 2 to 7 days, after which the cabbage stand in the cold and for some time kept there.
Sauerkraut can be cooked without salt — the enemy of hypertensive patients. Such sprouts should be consumed small amounts. Its main drawback is a short shelf life.
Cabbage that is prepared correctly has an unattractive appearance. Right prepared product is a beautiful white color slightly tinged with carrots, harsh and crispy. Pickle this cabbage has a high taste qualities.
Sauerkraut cabbage soup is prepared, it is added to pies, salads, soup, kapusniak.
2. In cosmetic purposes is not used cabbage, and the brine. Sauerkraut juice works omologitae, allows the skin to gain elasticity, firmness, beautiful and healthy.
For beauty and fresh appearance , you can prepare the healing mask: three tablespoons of cabbage brine is mixed with one chicken protein, which is pre-whipped. Components are mixed until homogenous and applied on the skin, affecting the chest area, neck. The mask is kept as it is accepted 15 minutes, then wash off with cool water.
Sauerkraut juice saves you from the problem, which does not paint a facial skin — age spots and freckles. Quite a few times a day to lubricate the healing juice, skin irritation, and the result will be visible to the naked eye.
In addition, using the product prepare a mask for women over… For this, and sauerkraut combine with fresh yeast to the state of sour cream. A container with mixture is slightly warmed using a water bath. Then at the beginning of the fermentation process add pharmacy vitamin A, E, camphor oil (20 drops).
The composition is applied as evenly to the face and neck, soak 20 minutes, then wash off first cabbage juice and then water. The mask is the strongest vitamin and tonic.
3. Sauerkraut is extremely helpful to body slimming. Those who are on a diet with virtually no restrictions, you can eat the valuable delicacy. Sauerkraut is low in calories, because it fits perfectly in the diet of losing weight or those who follow the forms of the body.
4. Sauerkraut healthy people suffering from weak digestion, low stomach acidity. In this case, the product is used, carefully chewing, in order to avoid such unpleasant symptoms as bloating.
5. The sauerkraut brine useful for this widespread phenomenon of colds. Drink product by diluting with water in proportion 1:1 to complete healing.
6. The beneficial properties of sauerkraut to make application for gastric and duodenal ulcers. It is known that the brine helps with the so-called «silent» ulcers when the patient does not feel any symptoms of the disease.
7. Sauerkraut is indispensable if hangover.
8. Sauerkraut juice is used in diabetes, mixing it with the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon.
9. The beneficial properties of sauerkraut provide an opportunity to apply of diseases of the liver. In this case, drink a cocktail of brine and tomato juice in a ratio of 1:1.
10. The sauerkraut brine is used in the fight against parasites. To get rid of Giardia in the liver is possible, using the brine for half an hour before eating.
Sauerkraut: what is good for the body?
Sauerkraut is a healthy product. It in its composition contains substances that produce necessary for normal functioning of intestinal microorganisms. In addition, sauerkraut is a source of ready-made microorganisms.
The benefits of sauerkraut is obvious. She:
• Improves digestion. The product contains organic acids, increases the effectiveness of of the stomach and intestines. Cabbage useful in chronic constipation, dysbacteriosis.
• Strengthens teeth and gums. The product is famous for its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Sauerkraut prevents the development of scurvy.
• Strengthens the immune system. Sauerkraut good for the body weakened people. It is an indispensable product in viral and respiratory diseases.
• Reduces the risk of developing serious illnesses such as cancer, coronary heart disease. In sauerkraut contains flavonoids — substances that reduce cholesterol, and isothiocyanates, are able to prevent cancer of the colon, liver, lung, mammary gland.
• Helps in metabolic syndrome, obesity, diabetes.
• Promotes better digestion of protein, thanks to the contained vitamin B6.
• Relieves symptoms of morning sickness in pregnant women.
• Saves from beriberi, strengthens hair and nails.
• Allows you to maintain youthful skin.
• Cleanses the body from parasites.
Sauerkraut: what’s the harm?
To the harmful characteristics of the product can be attributed to the presence of salt. Although along with salt, sauerkraut is obtained as a crisp, in hypertensive patients, the use of this product can cause unpleasant symptoms.
In this case, you can use a cooking recipe sauerkraut without salt. The finished dish will turn out a little different than accepted, but will not bring harm to people suffering from high blood pressure.
Sauerkraut should be used with caution in the acidity of the stomach. In this case, the product, be sure to add vegetable oil.
Although cabbage has many beneficial properties, yet it is not recommended to eat ulcer, gallstones, abnormalities of the pancreas.
Harm sauerkraut — its excessive use. Many product causes such an unpleasant symptom of gas and flatulence. Having problems with the gastrointestinal tract, should be eaten the cabbage little by little, slowly chewing.
Sauerkraut, of course, useful to health, but it can sometimes cause (excessive consumption) decreased production of semen in men.
Sauerkraut for children: helpful or harmful?
Sauerkraut, of course, useful for children, but to enter into the diet it is necessary not earlier, than 2 or 3 years of age and in small quantities and in the absence of disorders of the digestive system. And five years the child can eat it as much as I want.
Sauerkraut is a useful product for the health of children. It is rich in vitamins, especially vitamin C, mineral salts, acids, fiber.
The beneficial properties of sauerkraut enrich the body of the child all necessary for normal functioning. Sauerkraut strengthens the immune system, protects brain cells, allows the child to develop normally.
Children can enjoy a healthy sauerkraut with bell peppers, consisting of stew with meat and potatoes. There are many delicious and healthy dishes with sauerkraut, which will certainly enjoy your baby.
1. Salad. Sweet pepper cut into thin strips and combine with prepared sauerkraut. Salad sprinkled with oil and add optional chopped greens.
2. Stew. This product can give children from 2 years. Cook it simple: sauerkraut pour water (2 Cup) and infuse for about half an hour. The water is then drained, cabbage squeezed and stew in vegetable oil. Separately, prepare boiled potatoes, browned onion and carrots. All components are mixed, toss the spices, salt and bring to readiness in the oven.
3. Goulash with sauerkraut. The meat is fried, add salt, toss onion, bell pepper, pour tomato juice. All close lid and place in the oven for half an hour. Then the composition is removed, and add the potato cubes, sauerkraut and baked in the oven for 40 minutes.
Contraindications to the use of the product is the same as for adults.
Sauerkraut is loved by many. She has long been an excellent addition to the diet. Delicious, extremely healthy — sauerkraut is valued for its rich vitamin composition, taste and self catering as additional components there may be habitual and not less useful products.