Oranges – all useful? Nutritional composition and caloric content of orange citrus. Oranges can be harmful to health?
At the sight of this bright orange fruit in the mouth there is nice acidity.
It is believed that the birthplace of orange of China, so the Europeans gave the name of this citrus Chinese Apple.
Oranges: composition, how to apply
In fruits orange contains up to 85% of the fluid. However, these citrus fruits are useful due to the high content of vitamin C. Oranges, and the juice from them, low in calories, 100 grams contains 36 calories.
Nutritional value of oranges per 100 grams:
The use of oranges varied, ranging from cooking and finishing cosmetology. Oranges are edible in their raw form, from the fruit of the healing squeeze the juice, the pulp is added to salads and muffins, biscuits and muffins, fruit zest adds to the dish a special flavor.
Oranges useful to improve appetite and normalize the digestive system. Sweet-sour pulp of the fruit regulates the secretion of bile. With the help of oranges you can improve the condition of the liver, to eliminate the symptoms of gout. Fans of fatty foods should regularly include citrus in your diet, as the nutrients contained in them, interact with high-calorie food, allowing it to quickly digested.
A large number of vitamins contained in the orange peel, so it can be used for preparation of kissels, compotes, candied fruits.
From the fruit and leaves of the orange tree get essential oil. It has disinfectant, tonic, sedative and analgesic properties.
• Inhalation of orange oil will help to quickly cope with a cold, runny nose, sore throat.
• Ingestion of oil of orange has a positive effect on the functioning of the stomach and intestines.
• Also, it copes with the treatment of dandruff and saves the skin from acne, inflammation, and gives it freshness.
Oil of orange can be added to hair masks to give a healthy look. They can be egg and honey, kefir. Orange oil has a good penetrating ability. It can be rubbed into the hair roots, leaving thereafter for 60 minutes for absorption, then head to rinse well. After this procedure the hair will become stronger, gain a healthy glow.
In the spring the skin of the face often looks tired and starts to peel and swell. The use of face masks on the basis of orange oil will help maintain its natural moisture, accelerate cell renewal, smooth fine wrinkles, restore skin tone and elasticity.
• Classic olive mask: one teaspoon of olive oil mixed with five drops of orange oil. A nourishing blend with cotton pad on cleansed face and neck, keep for half an hour, then rinse with warm water.
• Banana mask: half banana grind to puree state, add a few drops of oil of orange. Apply to clean skin for 30 minutes, after the procedure rinse with water at room temperature.
• Firming Express-mask: beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt, add 20 drops of almond oil, few drops of orange oil. Apply to clean skin for 20 minutes, rinse with warm water. This mask will quickly smooth fine lines, tighten skin. It is good to use before an important date or meeting.
Before using oil of orange to test it for allergic reactions, for example, apply a small amount behind the ear. If within the hour the treated area turns red, it means that the oil can be safely used.
Oranges: what is good for the body?
The oranges are tender and juicy with a pleasant sweetness and refreshing sour taste. A few slices of fruit can help to boost mood, improve immunity and even helps weight (with regular use).
• Oranges are useful for various cardiovascular diseases. They purify and strengthen blood vessels. They can be used as prophylaxis angina, stroke, heart attack.
• Tincture of orange peel will help to cope with severe pain during menstruation.
• Respiratory diseases the inhalation of orange oil reduce inflammation in the Airways.
• Eating orange reduces bleeding gums, alleviates the symptoms of stomatitis.
• In one fruit contains the daily dose of vitamin C. They are useful is in the season of colds, as ascorbic acid strengthens the immune system. The contained antioxidants help to protect cells from aging and damage.
• Vitamins B1, B2, included oranges, improve brain function, help iron to be better absorbed in the blood.
• Oranges are good to eat with white streaks and film, as these dietary fibers stimulate the digestive system, stops putrefactive processes in the intestine. Therefore, normal intestinal microflora, accelerate the excretion of toxins.
• A large amount of potassium contained in the fruit of the orange tree, effect on lowering blood pressure, improves cardiac muscle.
As oranges contain a lot of fluids, they are perfectly quench thirst. Consumption of oranges, orange juice during a party or feast softens the impact of alcohol on the body and nervous system.
Oranges: what’s the harm?
Because oranges contains a sufficient quantity of sugar, with caution should be used in patients with diabetes mellitus. We don’t recommend this citrus fruit and people suffering from gastritis, ulcers of the stomach and duodenum. Acid and sugar affect tooth sensitivity. So after eating an orange or juice from it, it is best to drink some water or rinse your mouth. All citrus powerful allergens, so people who are prone to allergies, you need to treat oranges with caution.
Choosing oranges need to pay attention to several signs:
• If the fruit is medium in size and are heavy, so it’s juicy and sweet. If the fruit is lightweight, so it is a little wet or it is not ripe.
• The most fragrant oranges are usually very sweet.
• The smaller the fruit the more intense flavor.
• Oranges are «navel» sweeter than the rest.
• The color orange and the rind thickness not talking about his good taste characteristics. Less bright fruit with thin skin are often tastier brightly colored thick-skinned fellow.
Oranges for children: helpful or harmful?
Many mothers wonder does to kids oranges, not if they will cause harm to a growing organism. Can children in citrus if:
• allergic reactions to the citrus fruit trees, allergies to medications;
• do not oranges diabetes.
Some parents as foods begin to give orange juice from 9 months of age. However, you need to keep in mind if the crumbs have been cases of Allergy or reaction to certain foods, to enter into the diet citrus only after a year in small quantities. The famous TV presenter Komorowski pediatrician advised to give the kids raw fruits, including oranges, at the age from one year to two years, subject to good digestion. During feeding it is necessary to monitor the reaction of the body at the slightest sign of negative influence of citrus, we need to abandon them. Few weeks to try again to give an orange, reduce dose by half.
Oranges bring great benefit to children with weakened immunity, poor appetite. The juice from the oranges is a tasty and healthy drink. It is best to give the children juice is not out of the box, which is sold in shops and cook it yourself at home. To do this, a few oranges well rinsed, cut into halves, squeeze the juice from them. The juice of fresh-pressed ½ it is recommended to dilute with water. This must be done in order to protect a stomach from the effects of acidic juice. The drink can be diluted with other juices: Apple, carrot, pumpkin.
In addition to the juice and whole orange, citrus can be added to salads. For example, it is possible to prepare vitamin-rich fruit and vegetable dessert.
2 oranges wash, peel, cut into small pieces. 2 carrots medium size, wash, clean, grate on a medium grater. The oranges and carrots mix, add 50 grams of washed grapes, lemon juice, pasarici, fill low-fat sour cream. This delicious dessert will have the kids taste, is especially useful to give it in the afternoon.
Show your child the miracle grow along with it an orange tree. Your little one will be immensely happy, personally planted an orange seed. Children love to care for plants that they planted. Daily monitoring of the development of tree forms in the children powers of observation, respect for nature, develops curiosity.