How to sprout wheat at home safely and quickly. Rules of selection of raw materials and technology grow Wheatgrass at home
Tired from illness and stress humanity drew finally focus on their own health and engaged in the germination of wheat!
It is an ideal product for increasing energy, treating many disease and prevent various diseases.
And just very tasty stuff, if you know how to sprout wheat at home right.
How to sprout wheat at home: raw material selection
Not any wheat can be made to grow in atypical conditions. The ideal option is if you can purchase specially raw materials with appropriate markings. Today, many companies involved in the supply of food for a healthy diet in specialized retail outlets, packaged, and wheat grain for sale. However, buying them is not necessary. If you have the opportunity to purchase farm inputs need to use it.
The main thing is to be sure that the wheat is not treated with any chemical stuff, and what you do not put food garbage. Unfortunately, by eye to determine the grain quality (especially the citizens that live wheat and eyes have not seen) is simply impossible. So pay attention to have at least the appearance of raw materials.
What should concern:
• grains of different sizes;
• a lot of small, undeveloped seeds.
• broken grain, mechanically damaged;
• raw looks strange: seeds wrinkled, chapped, and covered with the mold coating.
All of this suggests poor quality of raw materials. To buy this wheat is impossible. Healthy, wholesome, high-quality grain – same size, large, dry, pleasant yellow color. They have convex sides that do not see any dry plaque or mold.
Not the fact that such seeds will germinate. The species of wheat can be beautiful and healthy, but instead of germination begins with swelling to mold. This means that the grain is dried, eating them in any case impossible.
Please note that the wheat of different varieties may behave at germination in different ways. Some will swell and sprout faster, some need more time. You may need more or less water, of lower or higher temperature. All these options are the norm. However, when it comes to sprouting wheat at home, the General rule of safe drinking is: it is better to nethergate grain in water than to overdo them.
How to sprout wheat at home: utensils
To grow Wheatgrass at home you will need a small set of dishes that is certainly in any kitchen;
• containers for germination: glass jar, plastic container or a large deep dish.
You will also need gauze and clean water, which is a must at least twice change. Gauze that grain doesn’t dry out and remains moist throughout the germination cycle. If it is possible to wash the grain regularly, to cover the gauze does not need to.
From using metal utensils will have to give the film the grain is oxidized, the quality of the product is lost. If you plan to engage seriously in a healthy diet, the perfect option is normally, enough volume plastic food container with air hole in lid. It is easy to wash, in case of careless handling cannot be broken, and the seeds in this dish will be warm and cozy.
How to sprout wheat at home: rules of soaking
The basic rule of soaking the grain, not fill it with water, but to provide a constant moist environment. The ambient temperature should not be too high, preferably twenty degrees.
Germination of grains usually takes 1-1. 5 hours. During this time they must be rinsed every eight hours.
How to sprout wheat at home:
• grain fill with water and rinse, removing debris and surfaced grains that are unsuitable for germination;
• put in a sieve and rinse again;
• discard pure ingredients in the dishes for germination in a thin layer;
• fill drinking or purified water, clean in a quiet dark place and leave to swell;
• eight hours to put in the sieve and rinse again;
• put in a bowl, cover with a lid and a hole or gauze, folded in four to five layers. Gauze should be wet (wet, wring out slightly). Please note: the dish should not be water;
• leave to grow for another eight hours, so that wheat did not fall to direct sunlight.
After 18-20 hours will be the first white shoots. Grain is not covered with gauze, will be borne by the mucus, which be sure to rinse off, laying the wheat in a sieve. Until the end of germination, the grain should be stored in a moist condition.
Washing sprouted raw materials, pay attention to fresh, fragrant smell that must come from seedlings. Eating them is when the size of the shoots reach two to three millimeters, and initial volume of raw materials will increase in two times.
How to sprout wheat at home: beginner mistakes
If you are just beginning to explore technology to grow Wheatgrass at home, there may be errors and inaccuracies. Germination may fail in the following cases:
• grain filled with too much water. Sprouting seeds need a moist environment, and is not a water pond in which the wheat will just burst from the swelling and not germinate. So all the excess moisture after washing should be drained;
• grain dried up, barely having time to hatch. The problem is the opposite: was not created by the moist environment. At first, it is convenient to use gauze «fur»: soak it with enough water and check for dryness every few hours. If gauze layer started to dry, add water in it.
• wheat is laid too thickly, resulting in lower grain suffocate overheating;
• the wheat you stagnate, grew. To use it for food impossible.
It is very important to wash raw materials. «Bathe» the seeds need at least twice the period of germination. Guaranteed to sprout wheat at home, very convenient to use this cycle:
1. morning – soaking;
2. evening – wash;
3. morning – washing;
4. day – eating.
A good, healthy wheat germinates all seeds at the same time an example for the day. Once the sprouts have reached the desired size, the product should be immediately eaten. If the grain is darkened, and the white bristles are longer three millimeters from eating wheat need to refuse it you stagnate.
What if the sprouts have not appeared for two days? Alas, this raw material should be discarded: the quality of the grain unfit. That is why it is very important to find a good supplier, so as not to waste money on a bad product.
It is important to not only know how to sprout wheat at home, but also how to store the finished product. Sprouts should be washed with cold running water or drinking water and place in a food container, cover tightly, and put it in the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. Ready to store sprouts longer than two days is impossible. Taking your serving, do not forget to rinse it with clean drinking water.