The basic rules of diet in cases of poisoning: the need to starve? How to recover quickly from poisoning by eating a healthy diet
Poisoning occurs when ingested, expired and low quality food, exceeded quantity of drugs, parts of poisonous plants, various chemicals.
Symptoms of poisoning, regardless of the reason may be: vomiting, weakness and dizziness, pale complexion, nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, often in serious cases there are fainting.
General nutrition guidelines for poisoning
Diet in cases of poisoning will help to quickly restore the body after suffering a poisoning. Its observance is very important because it helps to avoid the occurrence of complications. In poisoning, the main blow is the digestive system, and the entire mucosa of the stomach is in a fevered state. Therefore, the special food during this period helps to restore the correct operation of the stomach, intestines, as well as to cope with the General intoxication of the organism.
• from the first hours of the disease requires the restoration of water balance of the body;
• transition to a normal diet once is impossible, you should do it gradually;
• use only lightweight, thermally processed foods;
• to prevent injury to the inflamed walls of the stomach and intestines nutrition involves the use of grated or finely chopped food;
• not earlier than in two weeks you can return to the usual diet.
As soon as subside the main symptoms of the disease, there is appetite. To feed in cases of poisoning, it is often necessary, but in order not to overload the stomach, the amount of food should be small. Also remember:
• it is necessary to exclude the intake of various fats. This is due to the fact that in the digestion of fats to spend a lot of energy, they lead the body to saturation quickly, and the process of indigestion in this case is only strengthened. The best option of fat is vegetable oil and butter, which are recommended to be added to food.
• You want to limit, but not to abandon carbohydrates. For poisoned person, the volume is reduced to 300g per day. Incoming carbohydrates, especially complex, only reinforce the progress of the fermentation, affect the mucous membranes of the stomach and intestines, increasing the swelling, and the only recovery is slowing. But for the formation of glycogen in the liver any kind of carbohydrates simply essential.
• The prohibition does not apply to the proceeds of proteins. Lost a substantial amount, so it is very necessary to half the consumed substances were proteins. The normative volume for an adult patient is not less than 70g per day.
• Take food needs to be easily digested and to be gentle: frayed or mushy. A transition to raw food should be gradual. It is recommended that all food be steamed, stewed or baked in the oven.
Compliance with diet will quickly reduce painful symptoms and improve gradually the digestion process, and most importantly — to reduce the toxicity of the body for a short time.
Products substitutes are prohibited on the diet for poisoning
Diet if poisoning is very severe.
Therefore, you must eliminate a number of everyday products:
• canned or fresh legumes;
• the cabbage and all the food from it;
• fatty foods, all canned in oil;
• prevent fried, smoked, salty, pickled foods;
• sharply reduce the amount used when cooking salt, sugar, condiments and spices;
• exclude fruits and vegetables raw;
• any semi-finished products;
• sauces, ketchup, mayonnaise;
• all kinds of sweets and pastries;
• drinks: sweet and carbonated, alcohol;
• if poisoning is accompanied by diarrhea, the ration of clean milk.
This difficult for the body period to all food requirements. Accept all food should be gentle and easy, have an optimal temperature, should not provoke excessive production of enzymes that have enveloping properties, do not cause fermentation.
To the recovery process of the body right, diet menu for poisoning should include:
• soups on vegetable broth, made from different grains or vegetables. It is allowed to use when cooking the broth on the meat or fish based, but the crushed half with water.
• Mashed, low-fat fish, meat. When cooking meat sauce, meatball or cutlets steamed minced meat is recommended to scroll twice.
• Products of milk: low-fat cottage cheese or yogurt a day, yogurt without the inclusion of additives.
• Liquid cereal porridge cooked in milk. But the milk in the cooking process it is better to dilute with water by half.
• Eggs (e.g., scrambled egg for a couple).
• Boiled and finely chopped vegetables or fruit.
• Not sweet biscuits, homemade soaked crackers.
• Bread only from wheat, not fresh baking.
From the first hours of the disease diet at a poisoning includes the watering of a large volume of fluid of the victim, because the body is in a dehydrated state. Increased its volume helps the body to replenish the lost fluid volume with vomiting, diarrhea, accelerates the release of toxins. Need to drink often and in small portions. If at one time fluid intake will be large, it may cause nausea and vomiting. They cause spasm of the muscles in the esophagus and stomach if drink is cold. The fluid should be warm.
It is recommended to drink
• mineral, but without gas water;
• plain boiled water or the dining room, with the addition of lemon juice;
• compotes of apples, pears;
• decoction of rose hips, sea buckthorn, fennel, chamomile, rice well and quickly will help to restore the body’s deficiency of vitamins, minerals and salts;
• black and green tea, but without sugar. If you still really want sweet, you can drink add honey. Tea, despite all its useful properties it is recommended to drink on the second day, subside when the symptoms of poisoning.
If the poisoning is not strong, then the fluid intake will help to replace the venous flow of drugs.
Sample menu diet for poisoning
Diet for poisoning – a special diet that has therapeutic effect and gives the opportunity for a short time to normalize the work of stomach and intestines, lowering the overall toxicity.
Diet in cases of poisoning at the initial stage involves complete fasting. It protects the digestive organs from the increased it load. Refusal to eat the first day will benefit the body. The menu is exemplary and knowing allowed during intoxication products, you can make more.
First day: the presence of copious drinking, and eating are eliminated in full. Food will only irritate the stomach and intestines, causing more discomfort. Start soldering the patient’s need with a minimum amount of liquid: one tablespoon. Gradually during the day this amount is increased to one Cup. It is necessary to ensure that the patient is drinking every hour and a half.
Second day: in the morning you can offer a tea or broth of rice, if there is diarrhea. Stop diarrhea will help fresh juice of the pumpkin.
Lunch: homemade crackers. For cooking small pieces of cut white bread and dry it in the oven. As a drink it is possible to offer weak, warm tea or homemade, unsweetened compote.
Dinner. Liquid, cooked without sugar and salt cereal, such as oatmeal. Its volume should not exceed 100gr.
Third day: in the morning you can offer white rice, cooked in vegetable broth without salt or seasoning, white bread (not fresh baked).
Lunch: mashed apples.
Lunch: mashed potatoes with low-fat fish fillets. Fish should cook for a couple.
Dinner: a salad of boiled carrots.
Dinner: compote of dried fruits without sugar, homemade croutons.
Fourth day: in the morning you can cook the chicken broth. If the patient’s condition is not heavy, then add a little potato.
Second Breakfast: biscuits or cheese casserole.
Lunch: steam chicken cutlets.
Afternoon snack: roasted vegetables.
Dinner: unsalted crackers, and green tea mint.
After three or four days usually the patient’s condition is normalized, has a good appetite, but to start diet earlier. Repeated symptoms of poisoning: General malaise, abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, as during this short period of time mucosa in the stomach and intestines do not have time to recover.
In the menu to the end of the first week in the diet can include:
Breakfast: various jelly, liquid porridge.
Second Breakfast: egg omelet, semolina (without milk).
Lunch: a weak broth of chicken, fish, mashed potatoes, tea or herbal teas.
In the second week the diet in cases of poisoning involves administration of light soups, vegetables (but no beans and cabbage), milk porridge without sugar (honey), steamed vegetables and baked fruits, moderate amount of pastry, meatballs and meat souffle, egg white, small amount of milk, low-fat and grated cheese. You can gradually enter in the menu, fresh vegetables and fruits in small portions. If the primary symptom was diarrhea and it was slow, with the introduction of their menu, no need to hurry. By the beginning of the third week you can gradually start normal diet food.
Diet in case of poisoning must be strictly adhered to patients. To expand the menu to introduce new foods carefully and gradually, in small volumes without overloading the stomach. This diet will help significantly to alleviate the patient’s condition and speed up his recovery.
You need to pay attention to the fact that if the diet is in cases of poisoning by the end of the first week brings improvement in patient’s condition requires immediate doctor’s consultation.
Important points of nutrition with poisoning
Diet for poisoning is based on several rules:
• the first day is supposed starvation with copious drinking. It helps accelerate the release of all the toxins from the body.
• Drinking regime must be regular: for each hour or hour and a half to drink at least 200ml of liquid. The minimum daily volume of fluid should be 2 liters.
• The diet should be light and easily digestible food.
• The consistency of whole foods: liquid and semi-liquid.
• All food should be boiled or steamed.
• Take warm (not hot or cold) meals to avoid irritation of the gastric mucosa.
• The scope of a single meal must not exceed:
— first day: up to 200ml of fluid;
— second day: 150-200 ml of broth, 100 ml liquid and puree until 200ml of liquid;
— the third day: up to 300ml of liquid cereal to 200ml of broth, 4 biscuits;
— on the fourth day: up to 400ml of the broth to 100 g of boiled fish, to boiled rice 250g to 300g casserole of cheese, up to 6 biscuits.
• Eat often. Frequency of meals per day: 6-7 times, that is, every three hours.
• Food intoxication should be a fraction.
• The daily amount of food should not exceed 1000 kcal.
• Daily volume of all fats no more than 70g.
• First week of food the main diet must be meals that is rich in protein, vitamins and essential minerals.
For the full recovery of the body essential vitamins: a, S. Sources of retinol (vitamin a) herbal teas and homemade sea-buckthorn and dog rose fruit drinks. Enough is contained in the yolk of the egg, cheese (use grated) in sweet pepper (use only steamed or boiled).
Sources of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) are home-made compotes and fruit drinks from the berries, made with sea buckthorn, black currant. The necessary amount of vitamin C is in potatoes. To increase the content of ascorbic acid in food, it is necessary to reduce the time of heat treatment, consuming food immediately after cooking. For example, raw potatoes should be lowered in boiling water or cook in their jackets. Vitamin C with this preparation, he will keep 30% more.
The main treatment upon receipt of intoxication is considered a strict diet.
First and foremost, diet is needed to reduce body fluid loss, to create optimal conditions in the stomach and the intestine provide the body with the necessary vitamins, proteins with the aim of avoiding its depletion.