Cinnamon: the benefits and harms of your favorite aromatic seasonings. The composition and use of cinnamon: its beneficial properties and bad quality.
Cinnamon is so rich in beneficial properties that it is used for medicinal purposes.
Often seasoning is found in the form of a hammer. The most useful — cinnamon Ceylon. It is a light brown powder with a mild sweet flavor.
The composition of cinnamon and methods of use
The composition of cinnamon includes substances that are beneficial to the whole body of the person. Present in spices: essential oil, tannins, vitamins (A, C, K, E, PP, C), as well as sodium, potassium, magnesium, iron, copper, phosphorus, zinc, selenium, manganese.
Thanks to its rich composition, cinnamon is extremely useful for health. It is used in cooking, in cosmetics, for weight loss and in the treatment of various ailments.
1. Warming tea for colds cinnamon gives strength, helps to overcome the disease. It is prepared by the Asian recipe: in enamel container, put 3 sticks cinnamon, crushed ginger root (half a Cup), cloves (half teaspoon). The composition is filled with water (8 cups) and bring it to boil.
Then throw the juice of half a lemon (you can add and peel) and boil on very low heat for about an hour. Thereafter, the mixture was filtered, cooled and drink warm, adding honey.
2. The most popular use of cinnamon in cooking. A traditional dish that is cooked in different countries — a pie with cinnamon and green apples. In this dish cinnamon powder gives a special flavor and aroma of sweet baking.
In addition, cinnamon is added to biscuits, French bread, rolls. In the Eastern countries Ceylon spice is part of many dishes.
Cinnamon used for cooking red meat, adding it 10 minutes before readiness thereof.
The seasoning is used in winter (cocoa, coffee, tea) drinks, and in the summer (cocktail, jelly, compote, cider, smoothies).
3. Useful properties of cinnamon make it effective at elevated pressure. To improve the condition of a patient with hypertension should use fragrant powder 2 times a day 1 teaspoon, throwing it into kefir or yogurt.
4. At low pressure, tachycardia, and for problems with erections in men take 2-3 drops of essential oil spices along with water. To the mixture, you can add honey or jam. Drink means a quarter Cup at least 4 times a day.
5. Cinnamon is useful for the human body. It can improve General condition, to lighten the mood. So often, cinnamon is used in aromatherapy.
6. Spice is used for headaches. Rubbed her forehead and temples.
7. Cinnamon is able to improve heart function, lower cholesterol and even prevent a heart attack.
For the treatment and prevention of heart ailments cinnamon is used as a mixture with honey. Smear it on bread and eat as sandwich or diluted with water and drink.
8. Cinnamon is useful in arthritis. In this case, take three times a day a Cup of warm water, in which dissolve the honey (1-2 tablespoons) and a pinch of cinnamon.
9. Thanks to the useful properties of cinnamon have been used in the treatment of baldness. If your hair roots lubricated so the composition of heated olive oil, a spoon of honey, 1 small spoon of cinnamon. Keep a mask 15 minutes, then wash off everything with warm water.
10. The spice is used in the treatment of skin diseases. A mixture of honey and cinnamon smeared the affected skin with eczema, fungus etc.
To treat pimples apply a composition of 3 tablespoons of honey and pinch of cinnamon. Rash cuticles at night and in the morning wash your face using lukewarm water.
11. Cinnamon cure insect bites. The mixture, with which the pain goes away after 1-2 minutes: combine 1 part honey and 2 parts water, add a teaspoon of cinnamon. The composition slowly rubbing in places that itch.
12. Cinnamon healthy for its ability to treat hearing loss. Spice used (in combination with honey) daily by mixing the components in equal proportions.
13. Cinnamon — a substance that fights old age. Regular intake of tea with honey and cinnamon delays the aging process, energizes the body with strength and energy.
14. Fragrant spice used as additional tools in the treatment of diabetes. Powder spices consumed in the morning (half teaspoon) to lower blood sugar levels.
15. Useful properties of cinnamon allow it to be used as an effective remedy for weak people. The spice helps to recover after illness or childbirth.
In such cases, a simple method of preparing medicinal drugs: cinnamon stick pour boiling water (1 Cup), bring to the boil and allow to infuse (half an hour). Then the stick is removed and added to the composition of honey. Drink after a meal, very small SIPS.
This part is universal and its regular use helps to overcome almost any ailment.
Cinnamon: what is good for the body?
The main benefit of cinnamon is its ability to strengthen the body’s defenses. Modern medicine uses cinnamon as an antiseptic, antimicrobial, antiparasitic. So, the benefits of cinnamon:
1. Spice improves the digestive tract, helps with constipation and diarrhea, relieves gas formation.
2. Cinnamon useful for their ability to remove excess fluid, which gives the opportunity to apply of diseases of the kidneys.
3. She has the unique ability to reduce blood sugar levels. It is proved that the composition of the cinnamon includes a substance polyphenol, which allows the body to better absorb insulin.
4. Cinnamon is useful for women’s health due to its ability to alleviate pain during menstruation, improve the overall tone, relieve irritation.
5. Men also can appreciate the benefits of cinnamon for their body. Spice has a stimulating effect, positively influences mens force.
6. Cinnamon is extremely useful for older people. Regular use of spices as additions to dishes or tea are able to strengthen the heart muscle, to result pressure in norm.
7. Aromatic bark of the Asian tree helps with arthritis. It relieves pain and helps to gain ease of movement.
8. Cinnamon has a beneficial effect on the brain. It is effective in multiple sclerosis, insomnia, depression.
9. Cinnamon good for the body from the flu or cold. Aromatic beverages with added spices ease the headache, increase sweating, promote rapid recovery.
10. Cinnamon helps to strengthen the immune system, which in turn helps to overcome the disease.
In order for the Malaysian spice is really beneficial, you need to choose it properly:
• When purchasing, pay attention to the color of the product. Real ground cinnamon has a light brown hue (sometimes slightly yellow). But poor quality ground spices — Cassia always red or brown color.
• Good cinnamon in the interaction with iodine gives the slightly blue reaction, and the ground powder of dubious origin always painted in dark blue color.
• High-quality cinnamon in the form of sticks is easily distinguished from the Chinese equivalent of Cassia. Ceylon sticks are more fragile and easier to crumble. They have a dark reddish hue and bitter-tart taste.
• Cassia sticks are difficult to grind. They are thicker than the natural bark of a cinnamon tree.
Cinnamon: what’s the harm?
The dangers of cinnamon is in its excessive use. Many believe that it is useful, when many. As with any substance, cinnamon should be taken reasonably, strictly adhering to culinary or medicinal recipes.
Spice should be used with caution for people suffering from gastric ulcer or gastritis. The fact that cinnamon can irritate the stomach wall.
It has a strong effect on the liver and kidneys. Therefore, the use of cinnamon in case of diseases of these organs should be limited.
Fragrant spice is not recommended during pregnancy. A little cinnamon can be used during breastfeeding. Small doses of useful powder cause uterine contractions and good milk flow.
To summarize, it is safe to say that the cinnamon more good than harm. It’s all about quantity.
Cinnamon for children: helpful or harmful?
Thanks to its rich composition, cinnamon is useful for older children. A small amount of spices in the day (2-3 pinches in the drink) improves concentration, strengthens the eyesight, has a beneficial effect on memory, relieves fatigue.
Cinnamon is good for digestion child. It improves the appetite, prevents the appearance of diarrhea.
However, children under 3 years spice are contraindicated. Furthermore it is strictly forbidden to use cinnamon to children suffering from asthma.
Cinnamon: the harm and benefit for weight loss
Cinnamon not only able to improve the taste of dishes and help in the treatment of existing diseases. It is a good assistant for those seeking to lose weight.
In order to lose weight you need to add spice in different dishes (up to half a small spoon for the reception). Cinnamon is good for health losing weight. It normalizes metabolism, improves digestion, and allows all organs to work together.
People who struggle with excess weight it is recommended to use cinnamon instead of sugar, do body wraps with aromatic spice, use it in cocktails as a snack.
The dangers of cinnamon for weight loss — its irrational use. You can use «for doing» add medicinal powder into your favorite baked goods and, of course, to no result. And because cinnamon increases the calorie content of any flour products.
Cinnamon is able to remove toxins and toxins from the body, but also to dull hunger. But it should use as a Supplement to the healthy diet.
The benefits of cinnamon — «overseas miracle» is invaluable. Aromatic flavor of your favorite dishes, the smell of freshly brewed coffee with cinnamon gives a good mood, increases vitality, allows fun to watch in the future.