Black currant — the benefits and harms of fragrant berries. Useful properties, healing properties, vitamins currant, contraindications
Black currant — Queen on the content of vitamins and minerals.
And useful not only berries, but also leaves, buds, twigs of deciduous shrubs of the gooseberry family.
Black currant — good for the body
Spherical or oblong fruit of black currant is popular not only due to its taste but also medicinal properties.
The berries of the plant contain all the necessary human body trace elements: calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc etc. it is Interesting that potassium in black currants the most — 322 mg per 100 g of product. In addition, sweet berry is rich in proteins, fats, carbohydrates. There is in it, and water.
100 g delicious fruit plants give man 63 kcal.
About vitamins currants heard everything. C, A, R, and b vitamins are the main component of the product.
In addition to the above, the berry contains organic acids, sugars, glycosides, flavonoids, tannins, and nitrogenous substances, pectin, phytoncides, essential oils.
Useful leaves, buds and flowers. The main component of black currant — ascorbic acid, which is contained in all parts of the plant naturally stimulates the human immune system.
Medicinal properties of black currants is hard to overestimate. She:
• strengthens the body’s defenses
• acts as a tonic and vasodilator
• improves metabolism
• contributes to the appearance of appetite
• acts as a blood purifier, hematopoietic, anti-inflammatory agent
• reduces elevated sugar
• is a diuretic, diaphoretic action
• treats dermatitis, diathesis, diseases of the eye, scrofula, diarrhea
• helps in hypertension, stomach diseases, cough, headache, insomnia, as well as with joint pain
• relieves edema
• is an indispensable source of vitamins
The recipes of medicines:
1. Tea. It is prepared from the leaves, buds and berries of the plant. The proportions are loose. The composition can be added for greater efficiency, raspberry leaves, cranberries or rose hips. Healing drink — a real storehouse of nutrients. Vitamins currant is indispensable for colds, fatigue, vitamin deficiency and as a preventive medicine.
2. Infusion from stomatitis. A large spoonful of dry powdered leaves of the plant boiled water and infuse for about 30 minutes. Then use (after straining) to rinse the mouth.
3. Infusion from hypertension. Traditionally prepared infusion (1 teaspoon of raw materials Cup of boiling water) to drink several times a day half a Cup.
4. Infusion to treat problems of the gastrointestinal tract. Tablespoon of berries and crushed leaves pour boiling water (1 Cup), insist, strain and drink a little often during the day.
5. With joint pain drink warm infusion of leaves of black currant (at least 2-3 glasses a day).
6. Black currant is used in the fight against obesity. Medical infusion prepared as follows: mix a spoonful of dry leaves of the plant, the dried leaves of grape (red). To part add 2 big spoons of nettle. Everything is mixed well, pour boiling water and infuse. Then add freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon. Drink all day 1 Cup before meals.
7. Infusion of black currant from skin rashes. Brewed leaves and twigs of black currant (300 g of raw materials in 3 l of boiled water). The composition of insist, filter, pour in the bath water and take water procedures for 15 minutes.
8. To lower blood pressure is used the composition of the pureed berries with sugar 1:2. The remedy is a delicious prevention of atherosclerosis.
9. Black currant prepare masks against wrinkles. Rubbing a small amount of berries and medicinal mush connect with honey. The mask is applied on face for 15 minutes, then wash and lubricate the skin cream or fat cream.
Useful properties of black currant — use in cooking
Thanks to the use of black currant every woman annually during the summer trying to prepare for the future of delicious berries. Currant ground with sugar, cooked from it jam, jellies, compotes, canned leaves.
Sweet sour frozen fruits to use as toppings for pies, cakes. The berries are prepared medicinal tincture or infusion, which is used not only as a tasty and relaxing beverage, but also for the treatment of tuberculosis, anaemia, diarrhoea.
Prepare infusion: poured into a glass jar (a third volume) berries, add a couple of fragrant plant leaves, pour the alcohol and clog. After a week the drug is ready! It is filtered and drink before meals little by little.
The infusion is prepared with the use of vodka. 200 g of fresh black currant fruit crushed, pour a bottle of vodka, add a pinch of sugar and a little lemon zest (for best taste). The mixture insist in a dark place for 2-3 weeks. Then strain and use as needed.
Black currant — contraindications
For all its benefits, the product is not recommended for such ailments:
• gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer
• increased acidity of the stomach
Harm to black currants in its excessive use. The product contains salicylic acid and therefore is not desirable when you have a stomachache.
In addition, a mindless eating berries capable (though rarely) cause an allergic reaction. Therefore, eating black currants should be careful.
Black currant is not recommended during pregnancy. From a small handful of berries, most likely no harm, but if the expectant mother will let yourself be carried away by a fragrant fruit, then you can expect negative consequences.
And finally, the plant is contraindicated in people who have elevated blood clotting.
The benefits of black currants — harvested product correctly
Black currants will benefit, not harm, if it is correct and responsible approach to its procurement. So, the fruits are best collected as they Mature and preferably without the peduncle.
Drying them should be only in shadow or in special furnaces. How to determine the readiness of the raw materials? The berries should be crumbly and not to gather into a ball. A peculiar odor and sour taste — a distinctive feature of the finished dry product, which is able to keep its medicinal properties for over 2 years.
The leaves are preferably break in June-July. And are suitable for use are those which are located in the middle of the shoot. The technology of making leaves is simple: they are placed in cloth or paper and dried in the shade. The therapeutic properties of the product are maintained throughout the year.
The kidneys removed in the winter or spring. To start, cut twigs, and since they pluck the buds. Raw materials are stored in a frozen state, or pour the alcohol. Shelf life — 1 year.
Of course, black currant — extremely useful. It is suitable for the treatment of many ailments and not only. Black currant — immunostimuliruuchee excellent preventive tool.
However, it should not be considered a panacea for all ills. Moderate consumption at knowledge of existing contraindications black currant can benefit and only benefit.