The leaves of black currant – contraindications and use. How to brew and drink tea from the leaves of black currant
Have long studied the beneficial properties of the fruit, they are used extensively in home and official medicine for a long time.
But for some reason, proper attention has not been paid currant leaves, which are not less berries full of nutrients and is able to treat many diseases.
Which substance gives leaves of currant medicinal properties
The leaves of black currant can be called a real storehouse of vitamins and various substances that are highly beneficial for health. Fragrant leaves are suitable for treating various diseases, carrying its healing properties. Black currant leaf is a truly versatile plant that can be used not only in food industry but also distilleries, pharmaceutical, canning and even cosmetic industries.
Thanks are manifested in the leaves of currant medicinal properties?
1. Essential oils, which can ease rheumatic inflammation, skin diseases, strengthen the immune system. Very effective essential oil in cosmetics.
2. Tannins can have anti-inflammatory effect on the body, is a good antiseptic and is especially suited for treating colds, infections, lesions of the digestive tract, tones the body.
3. Antioxidants slow the aging process in the body, raising protective forces, immunity.
4. Volatile have a soothing and bactericidal action. These substances to relieve tension, out of stress, normal pressure, lung disease and upper respiratory tract effectively eliminated.
5. Sulfur is a substance that actively participating in building bone tissue and cartilage, and the strengthening of nerve cells. Its functions include the stabilization of the nervous system and the normalization of blood sugar levels.
6. Manganese is also involved in the normalization of the nervous system, in addition, improves brain function and metabolism in the body and prevents the appearance and development of rheumatism, arthritis, cataracts.
7. Silver in addition enhance immunity, has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. The silver slows down development and prevents the development of cancer.
8. Copper participates in most metabolic processes occurring in the body. Thanks to the copper you can prevent such diseases as anaemia, rheumatism, atherosclerosis, liver disease, gastrointestinal tract, rickets.
9. Magnesium boosts immunity, relieves stress, is protivoraketnyi element, relieves inflammation and allergic reactions. It is particularly important in cardiac diseases, disorders of the nervous system and ailments such as constipation and poisoning.
Also the leaves of black currant is very rich in vitamin C, which is contained in them much more than the berries. Shrub rich in other vitamins such as E, D, A, K, group B, PP. In addition to these substances in the leaves of plants contain zinc, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, boron, fluorine, sodium, cobalt, calcium, iron, organic acids such as citric, salicylic, tartaric, malic, succinic, flavonoids and pectin. Due to the latter from the body actively removes toxins, radionuclides and salts of heavy metals, which has a positive effect on health. Due to such a rich nature of the composition of the leaves of currant can quite easily compete with any artificially created vitamins.
Currant leaves: medicinal properties of the plant
Medicinal properties of the plant are used for the treatment of several diseases:
1. As the vitamins, strengthens the body, currant leaf can treat fatigue, beriberi, anemia.
2. Its anti-inflammatory properties and antiseptic qualities relevant in the treatment of diseases of the stomach or intestines. Sheet capable of killing pathogens, which is settled and distributed in the digestive tract.
3. Masks, teas, compresses, baths on the basis of currant leaf is effective for skin diseases.
4. The beneficial properties of leaves is removed uric acid during treatment of rheumatism or gout.
5. A diuretic effect has a positive effect in cystitis, urolithiasis, pyelonephritis.
6. Actively fights viruses worksheet currant during viral epidemics and colds, strengthens the immune system of the body.
7. Phytoncid in the leaves helps relieve the symptoms of tuberculosis, to treat diseases of the upper respiratory tract, sore throat and bronchitis.
8. Useful properties of black currant are revealed in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, eye problems, liver.
9. A useful worksheet for the elderly, especially in the form of tinctures. It strengthens the circulatory system, heart, blood vessels, prevents the development of sclerosis and sober mind.
Contained in the leaves of nutrients has given them such effects:
• powerful anti-inflammatory impact;
• cleansing and diuretic effect;
• diaphoretic and mild laxative;
• excellent antiseptic and tonic effect.
The leaves of black currant: contraindications
Like any drugs that have leaves of a black currant contraindications. You shouldn’t use sheets in the following cases:
• Thrombophlebitis, as regular use of drugs on the basis of currant leaf leads to increase blood clotting;
• With increased gastric acidity leaf decoction is contraindicated, it is not necessary to treat them ulcerative diseases and inflammation of the duodenum;
• Contraindicated concentrated leaves in any form to pregnant women and nursing mothers to avoid allergic reactions and other side effects;
• If you are hypersensitive and allergic to the berry Bush, it is better to consult first with your doctor.
How to make tea from the leaves of black currant. Drink recipes
The leaves of black currant, included in teas, infusions, decoctions bring many benefits. Such beverages not only as a reveal all properties of the plant, but continue for a long time.
To brew tea from the leaves of the black currant can be used as fresh plant, harvested and the dry raw material. To do this, carefully grind the leaves and the serving size is 1 tbsp. spoon pour boiling water. After that currants can be brewed 0.5 liters of boiling water, and then drink like a regular tea. It will help to recover in disorders of the stomach, intestines, problems with bladder, kidneys, rheumatism.
The alternative to tea is a decoction, which is suitable for internal and external use. To get it, you need 2 tablespoons of crushed leaves of black currant with 200 ml of water in an enamel pot bring to boil and then leave to languish on low heat for about 15 minutes. When the mixture has cooled, it should drain and the broth is ready. It is suitable for normalizing the blood pressure, improving cardiovascular system, in the case of viruses and infections. Drink it to do this in small SIPS. In the form of lotions this decoction gets rid of skin diseases, rashes, excess oil.
From currant leaves to make an infusion, but it will need other herbs and berries, which will complement and strengthen useful qualities currants. You can get Rowan berries, viburnum, wild rose, dried raspberries, casting, cranberries and strawberries, and others. Depending on the ingredients each infusion will be my purpose to address specific ailments.
The leaf bath is very beneficial for the skin, they eliminate the problems on it, give it elasticity, give a healthy Shine, reduces sweating and struggling with an unpleasant odor. For one bath you will need 500 g of dried leaves, they will need to pour 5 liters of boiling water and allow them to writing a rolling boil for 30 minutes. Ready broth should infuse for 12-15 minutes, and then only it can be poured into the bathroom. The optimal mode of reception of baths – 1 every 2 days for 15 minutes. Bath with currants will help to restore the disturbed metabolism, eliminate eye diseases and dermatitis.