Brush your teeth with baking soda – possible or not? How to brush your teeth with baking soda, effects of whitening teeth with baking soda
It is possible or not to brush your teeth with baking soda and what determines the color of the enamel
According to dentists, the color of the teeth depends on the degree of mineralization. The norm can be considered as white colour and a yellowish or bluish tint. By the way, members of the same family will have nearly the same shade of the tooth enamel, as it depends on the genetic predisposition.
To differentiate healthy teeth from the problem independently. It is enough to look closely at the crown of the tooth. If it is slightly transparent, the teeth in order. Even though the teeth may not be perfectly white. If the crown is very transparent and there is no radiant glow, it indicates a serious problem.
The color of tooth enamel can vary for a number of reasons. The most common are:
• mercury or lead poisoning, removal of the dental nerve (the color becomes gray);
• plaque (whitish color);
• rinse your mouth manganese or eating foods with a high content of colorants (a pinkish hue);
• tooth infections fungus (shades of green);
• drinking plenty of water that contains many salts of iron (bluish hue);
• frequent consumption of coffee and strong tea (yellowing);
• Smoking, lack of dental care (dark brown framing of the teeth);
• frequent teeth whitening (including soda), which began the process of caries (enamel coating white spots).
You should know that the easiest way to whiten yellowish teeth, the appearance of which is damaged by the abuse of coffee, strong tea or Smoking. If the tooth enamel has a gray color, due to the negligible change in color is the result of home bleaching will be almost invisible.
It is possible or not to brush your teeth with baking soda and why would she?
Soda has unique properties:
• disinfects: once in mouth, soda it creates an alkaline environment, which simply cannot survive bacteria and germs (that is why soda is used in the treatment of fungal infections of mucous membranes);
• cleans: soda is an abrasive substance which is capable of cleaning any surface; small particles with the soft texture does not damage any surfaces, but tooth enamel can easily damage as it is very thin and delicate.
In cosmetics and household soda can be used every day. But dentists claim that frequent teeth brushing baking soda can lead to poor oral health.
Brush your teeth with baking soda: possible or not?
Bleach the tooth enamel yourself using a soda can, but with great caution. The majority of dentists do not accept this method of whitening. There are several good reasons:
• irritated mucosa of the oral cavity;
• tooth enamel quickly becomes thin;
• provided solely superficial enamel care;
• damage of mucous (which is why it is not recommended to bleach your teeth with baking soda, if in the mouth there is even a small wound, the healing in this case will be much longer);
• increased risk of bleeding gums;
• soda clears only a small contamination with dental stone and rich patina it fail;
• around the mouth can also cause rashes (this is a manifestation of an allergic reaction);
• increased tooth sensitivity (they will begin to respond to pain, too hot, cold or acidic).
If you remove the above facts, it is to whiten teeth baking soda is not recommended because the effect of such treatments lasts very little. And if such frequent whitening teeth very quickly start to blacken and deteriorate.
However, the above-mentioned disadvantages of whitening teeth with baking soda, does not mean a complete ban on the procedure. If desired, and especially when you have to achieve maximum effect quickly, soda will be very helpful. In this respect, it has a number of advantages:
• the result is noticeable immediately after the procedure;
• no need to spend a lot of money;
• baking soda eliminates odor from the mouth;
• carrying out the procedure at home.
How to brush your teeth with baking soda?
To whiten teeth with baking soda and achieve the most desired result immediately after the procedure, you should be aware of some nuances:
• about a month before this bleaching should begin persistently to strengthen the enamel in the first place to include in your diet, fluoro — and calcium-containing foods (dairy products, pickles, apples, nuts, carrots);
• directly during the procedure to not use clean soda, but always in combination with toothpaste;
• after the procedure it is good to rinse your mouth;
• hours after the procedure do not eat anything cold or hot;
• repeat the procedure no more than once a week;
• between whitening procedures to use toothpaste, in which a high mineral content. To help compensate for the loss of enamel can paste that contains fluoride. If suddenly after the whitening procedure the teeth are sensitive, you must stop using the baking soda and start using special toothpaste to strengthen teeth.
There are many ways how to properly brush your teeth with baking soda. Here are the most popular:
1. A small piece of gauze moistened in warm water, put a pinch of baking soda and wrap it lightly dissolved. After that wipe the teeth obtained by the lotion.
2. Wet your toothbrush, sprinkle on a small pinch of baking soda, on top to drip 3 drops of hot lemon juice. This is followed by regular teeth brushing.
3. Moisten the toothbrush in water, put on her toothpaste, sprinkle the top with a small pinch of baking soda and brush your teeth.
4. You need to prepare such ingredients: 0.5 tsp. of baking soda mixed with 0.5 tsp. of lemon juice and two drops of hydrogen peroxide (3%). Stir the resulting solution, to give it the finger, then finger and RUB the teeth.
5. A toothbrush wet with hydrogen peroxide, sprinkle the baking soda and produce a regular cleaning of the teeth.
6. There is another way to use baking soda for tooth enamel, which is focused not so much on teeth whitening, how much cleansing from the small plaque. This is done in soda solution, which is very easy to prepare: 4 tablespoons of baking soda mix in a glass of warm water. This tool should as often as possible to rinse your mouth.
It is possible or not to brush your teeth with baking soda and whether it competes with drug funds?
The only moment in which soda as a teeth whitener wins – its cheapness. If you compare with store-bought bleaching means, the difference is significant. But the rest of the soda earns only disadvantages, as the immediate and short-term whitening can seriously harm the health of your teeth.
Not less effective but more safe and expensive pharmaceutical means. It gels, strips, pens and trays. Their main advantage is safety. Even so, before you choose a tool of a certain brand, you should visit the dentist. He will look at the condition of your teeth and tell you whether whitening.
The safest means for home teeth whitening are whitening toothpastes. They represented almost every brand that produces pasta. It also includes the abrasive substance, but it will not cause such harm as soda, because crushed. The effect, however, is not immediate, only after some time with regular use of a whitening toothpaste. But it will not harm the enamel.
From the foregoing it can be concluded that to whiten teeth with baking soda is possible, however, it is not the best tool for this procedure. But sometimes the things we do for beauty. If you want to Shine right now to conquer all your snow-white smile, and then we can go on a little risk. You should know that brushing your teeth with baking soda is contraindicated for pregnant and nursing moms, and people in postoperative period or having diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.