Cosmetic samples: what you need to know
According to scientists from the United States who researched offer customers the testers in the perfume and cosmetics shops, on the surface of the cosmetics on display for testing, with impunity, can live and breed such dangerous bacteria as E. coli, staphylococci and streptococci. They can cause skin infections, food poisoning, provoke dermatitis, eczema and acne. Even the most advanced preservative possessing antifungal and antiseptic, unable to cope with the number of microorganisms that fall into the cosmetic testers from the skin of a huge number of visitors retail properties.
In order to protect yourself, you need to take note of a number of simple recommendations on the use of testers and samples:
- Ask the sellers about the individual samples of cosmetics.
- Do not use store testers on the face and lips, better drag them across the back of the hand or the inner part of the forearm.
- Sprinkle alcohol antiseptic spray for disinfection of cosmetics, surface probe and then use it.
- Carry antibacterial wipes to wash hands with cosmetics applied from the probes.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after visited a cosmetic boutique and touched the testers.
Harmless can be considered only those probes that are hermetically sealed and undamaged packaging. Such, for example, glued in glossy magazines or hear in boutiques or in free gift with purchase. However, many women tend even the tiny sachet samples stretch for two to three days and use them in several techniques. This should not be done, as the current probe can penetrate the bacteria and cause damage worth several times more than the one that was saved on the repeated application of the tester.
Text: Valentine Shmidova